Unique Pediatric Services in the Region
Symptoms of neurologic disease can be difficult to diagnose and treat in children. It takes an experienced and compassionate team of specialized professionals to help families through these challenges.
Albany Medical Center is the only hospital in the region that provides pediatric neurology services. A full spectrum of pediatric neurological disorders are managed at the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital. Our trained neurologists and neurosurgeons have expertise in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children, which comprise their sole area of concentration. Many of our specialists also have subspecialty expertise in specific areas like epilepsy, muscle disease, headache and movement disorders.
To make an appointment with Albany Medical Center, call 518-262-1700.
We offer a complete array of diagnostic and treatment services for children of all ages. We treat headaches, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular disorders, and other neurological conditions, including:
- Cerebral palsy and spasticity
- Cerebrovascular disorders including stroke
- Demyelinating diseases including multiple sclerosis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Congenital neurological disorders
- Demyelinating diseases
- Epilepsy, seizures and other paroxysmal events
- Headaches and migraines
- Movement disorders including tics, Tourette’s syndrome, and ataxia
- Macrocephaly and microcephaly
- Neurocutaneous disorders including tuberous sclerosis, neurofibromatosis and Sturge-Weber
- Neurogenetic conditions with neurologic manifestations including Rett syndrome
- Neurometabolic disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders including muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy
- Sport-related concussions
Our pediatric neurologists are dedicated to giving the highest level of care to children and families affected by nervous system disorders. We combine the best available technology with compassionate care. Our team of experienced clinicians in neurology and neurosurgery work together to deliver the best care possible to infants, children and adolescents.
We offer innovative diagnostic and treatments that include:
- Botox injections for movement disorders
- Electromyography and nerve conduction study (EMG/NCS)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Vagal nerve stimulation