If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Our Emergency Rooms are always open and located in Albany, Hudson, Glens Falls, and Saratoga.
Services We Provide
The hospitals of the Albany Med Health System are open for emergency care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our emergency departments work closely with first responders and LifeNet of New York for transportation from accident scenes and other hospitals when emergency and specialized care is needed.
- All emergency care
- The only Level 1 adult Trauma Center in the region located at Albany Medical Center
- The only Level 1 pediatric Trauma Center in the region, located at Albany Medical Center
- Specialized care for children and teens up to age 18 at the Massry Family Children’s Emergency Center. Open 24/7, children brought to the Massry Center have access to the physicians and resources at the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital.
- Medical and advocacy support for adult and pediatric victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, abuse, or maltreatment. Our team of certified forensic nurse examiners is available for bedside assessment, evaluation, and support 24/7, located at Albany Medical Center.
- 24-hour high-level stroke and cardiac care
- Psychiatric/drug and alcohol treatment area located at Saratoga Hospital
- Ability to quickly stabilize and airlift patients in need of dedicated resources to Albany Medical Center
Training the Next Generation of Physicians
Learn more about Albany Medical College's graduate medical education program in Emergency Medicine.