Albany Medical Center Visitor Policy
- Visiting hours are 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Patients can have as many visitors as necessary but only two at at time at bedside. All other visitors can wait in the unit waiting rooms and swap out.
- Visitors under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All visitors must enter through the B2 entrance.
- Visitors to patients who are on enhanced droplet and contact precautions need to see a nurse about PPE before entering a patient's room.
- Pediatric patients and patients with special needs may have one visitor stay overnight at bedside.
- Patients admitted outside of visiting hours may be accompanied to the unit by two visitors for 15 minutes.
- Labor and Delivery patients may have two visitors and a doula (if requested) at the beside.
- Members of the clergy may visit at any time with a patient's permission.
- The health care team is able to make exceptions to meet the needs of patients in certain circumstances such as end-of-life.
Columbia Memorial Health Visitor Policy
- Visiting Hours are from noon to 8 p.m.
- Patients may have up to two healthy visitors per day.
- Children ages 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Patient/family conferences may be scheduled outside of this timeframe.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask.
- All visitors will perform hand hygiene upon entering and leaving the patient’s room.
- All visitors must remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit.
- Intensive Care Unit
Two visitors are allowed from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Surgical Services
Patients undergoing surgical procedures may be accompanied to the hospital by one person over the age of 18.
- Emergency Room
One designated visitor is allowed per patient.
- Psychiatric Services
* Not accepting visitors at this time.
Glens Falls Hospital Visitor Policy
- Visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Each inpatient may have two visitors per day; visitors may come and go during visiting hours.
- Visitors must be 18 or older.
- Visitors will enter only through the Tower Entrance where they will be greeted and screened by security.
- Visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer at the screening station and practice good hand hygiene for the duration of their visit.
- Eating and drinking in patient rooms is allowed.
- Visitation is not allowed for Covid-19 positive infectious patients.
- On the day of discharge from an inpatient stay, two visitors may accompany the patient for the discharge process outside of visiting hours.
- The Joyce Stock Snuggery
Up to two support people (including a doula) will be allowed. For the Special Care Nursery, patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Emergency Department
Limited to one unique visitor per day who may leave and return if necessary. Staff will exercise their best clinical judgment in determining when visitation may be temporarily limited based on departmental needs. Compassionate exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Same Day Surgeries and Outpatient Procedures
One visitor may accompany the patient during admission and rejoin them for the discharge process. Those accompanying a same day surgical or procedural treatment patient can stay in the waiting area or Tower Lobby waiting area. Visitors may also use the cafeteria, located in the basement of the central corridor. Visitation for off-site locations, special areas related to pediatric patients, patients for whom a support person has been determined to be essential to the care of the patient, and patients in imminent end-of-life and compassionate exceptions remain unchanged.
Saratoga Hospital Visitor Policy
- Visiting Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Each patient may have two visitors at a time.
- All visitors must be age 18 or older.
- Masks are recommended but no longer required unless:
You have respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, fever)
You have a Covid-19 exposure within the last 10 days.
- All pediatric patients up to age 18 may have two designated support persons with them at all times.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, and patients with cognitive impairments (including dementia), may designate one support person to remain with them throughout their hospitalization.
- Visitation for Covid-19 patients remains restricted, although compassionate exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Saratoga Hospital will provide visitors with proper PPE.
- Behavioral Health Unit
Limited to one unique visitor per day.
Visiting hours: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Emergency Department
One visitor may accompany the patient 24/7. Children under the age of 18 may have two parents/guardians. Staff will exercise their best clinical judgment in determining when visitation may be temporarily limited based on departmental needs. Compassionate exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Mother/Baby Unit
Limited to labor support (partner or other designated support person) and a doula.
Two additional visitors will be allowed during the following times:
Monday - Friday: 5 to 7 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 2 - 4 p.m.
For more details, please call 518-587-3222.
- Radiation Oncology Center
Limited to one support person at the time of initial consultation.
- Surgical Services
One support person may accompany the patient. Children under 18 may have two parents/guardians.
For more details on these separate guidelines, please call 518-587-3222.