The Only Pediatric Dialysis Unit in the Capital Region
Our nephrology team treats infants, children and teenagers with kidney disease, infections, kidney stones, kidney failure, and other conditions.
Albany Medical Center is home to the only pediatric dialysis unit in the Capital Region. Our team includes two pediatric dialysis nurses, a social worker, and a renal dietitian who care for patients under the direction of pediatric nephrologists. Our pediatric dialysis team works in all dialysis modalities, including hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis in infants.
The division also works closely with Pediatric Urology to help care for children with complex Genitourinary anomalies and stone disease at our combined clinic.
We also collaborate with local and distant transplant programs, and provide pre and post-surgery care for transplants patients.
To make an appointment with Albany Medical Center, call 518-262-9440.
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Alports syndrome
- Disorders of the urinary tract
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Pre and post kidney transplant
- Acute and chronic renal replacement therapy
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Pediatric dialysis clinic
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Post-renal transplant care
- Prenatal counseling for families with suspected kidney disease
- Renal biopsy