Advanced Care Close to Home
Our nephrologists care for patients with all forms of kidney disease and hypertension. We offer care from specialists in chronic kidney disease, clinical hypertension, glomerular diseases, interventional nephrology, and transplant nephrology. Working in close collaboration with cardiologists, endocrinologists, pathologists, pulmonologists, and rheumatologists, we are dedicated to helping each patient achieve optimal quality of life through treatment designed to fit individual medical needs.
Care Throughout the Capital Region
This page features services at Albany Medical Center. To schedule an appointment at Albany Medical Center, call 518-262-5176.
All locations in the System can be found in the Get Care section of this page.
- Acid-base disorders
- Acute kidney injury (acute renal failure)
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Cardiorenal syndrome
- Chronic kidney disease (chronic renal disease)
- Electrolyte disorders
- Glomerular diseases
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), including resistant hypertension
- Kidney stones
- Lupus nephritis
- Pre- and post-kidney transplant care
- Thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA), including hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Vasculitis, including vasculitis due to hepatitis
- Dialysis and dialysis access evaluation
- Hemodialysis access (vascular access)
- Immunosuppressive therapy following kidney transplant
- Kidney biopsies
- Procedures for arteriovenous fistulas and grafts
- Renal replacement therapies for end stage renal disease
- Stent placements for arteriovenous fistulas and grafts
- Tunneled hemodialysis catheter insertion, exchange and removal
- Vessel mapping
Training the Next Generation of Physicians
At the Albany Med Health System, part of our mission is fostering educational opportunities for the next generation of medical professionals. We offer two Nephrology Fellowship positions at Albany Medical College, including a two-year clinical nephrology fellowship and a three-year combined nephrology and critical care fellowship. Through our Nephrology Division, medical students have access to a wide range of training resources and are under the mentorship of experienced faculty members.