Meeting the Workplace Health and Safety Needs of Business Clients
As part of the Albany Med Health System, Saratoga Hospital's Occupational Medicine Program provides for the health and safety needs of business customers through a combination of exceptional expertise and service. The team provides comprehensive, customized solutions to help businesses maintain safe, healthy work environments. We are experts in preventing, diagnosing, and treating workplace injuries, helping businesses comply with regulatory requirements, and ensuring workplace safety.
The practice is headed by Dr. Michael Holland, an international expert in occupational medicine, toxicology, and environmental health. He leads a team of board-certified physicians and advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) who have over 140 years of combined occupational medicine experience. All are well-versed in the latest regulatory requirements and the issues affecting today’s businesses and workforce.
Services We Offer:
- Physicians, including medical review officers and an assistant, who are specially trained and board-certified in occupational medicine.
- 24/7 access to injury care and drug and alcohol screening.
- Prompt scheduling of government-mandated medical exams.
- On-site workplace support, including vaccination programs, consultation, and education.
- Specialized referral services
More information on the services we offer can be found below. Learn more about rehabilitation and pain management services offered by Albany Med Health System.
Our team conducts physicals and other exams at your location or ours. Services include:
- Pre-placement and annual physicals.
- OSHA-mandated surveillance exams, including tests for:
- Chromium VI
- Crystalline silicas
- Hazmat worker
- FMCSA/DOT Driver exams
- 19A NYS bus driver exams
- FRA railroad worker exams
- Firefighter exams
- Audiometry/hearing conservation (CAOHC certified) exams
- Pulmonary function testing (NIOSH certified)
- Physical capacity screenings
- Vision exams (color, depth, acuity)
- Respirator fitness exams
- Qualitative and quantitative respirator fit testing
- Fit-for-duty exams
Drug and alcohol screenings are available at our occupational medicine offices in Malta and Queensbury and 24/7 at Malta Med Emergent Care. Results are analyzed by physicians who are certified by the Medical Review Officer Certification Council (MROCC). Screenings include:
- Random drug testing
- Urine drug testing
- Hair follicle testing
- Breath alcohol testing
- Reasonable suspicion testing
As a member of the eScreen® Occupational Health Network (EOHN), we can facilitate tests at thousands of sites nationwide, if necessary.
We provide return-to-work evaluations as part of our workers’ compensation-related services and for employees who have been on leave due to non-occupational-related injuries. These assessments help ensure employees are well enough to resume their previous duties and are not at risk of re-injury.
Our medical team includes providers who are authorized by the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board to oversee injury care and management for workers’ compensation-related cases. We are experienced in assessing injuries, overseeing treatment, evaluating return-to-work readiness, and preventing re-injury.
Occupational Medicine at Urgent Care
Several of our urgent care sites throughout the Albany Med Health System, including EmUrgentCare centers, offer occupational medicine services.
All locations in the System can be found in the Get Care section of this page.