Give to the Melodies Center
In the United States, more than 13,000 children under the age of 21 are diagnosed with cancer every year. But the survival rate continues to improve, averaging over 80 percent – thanks to increasingly specialized treatments, leading-edge expertise, and ground-breaking research.
In the 25 counties we serve, the Melodies Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders is leading the way. We are the only provider of care for children and teens with cancer in the region, and are able to treat more than 1,400 children and their families annually.
Help us continue to offer highly specialized and effective care to children in our region, by pledging your gift here. We thank you for your support!
Melodies Wish List
We rely heavily on the generosity of our community to help support the needs of our patients and families. We hope that this wish list helps you better understand the items we most need.
Please feel free to contact Mary Beth Nichols, child life specialist, at 518-262-4679. Thank you in advance!
- Toy Donations
- Wishlist items: Small packaged toys: action figures, block sets, superheroes, dolls, infant rattles and toys, card games, small arts and crafts kits
- All toys must be new, non-toxic, and easy to clean for infection control
- We cannot accept stuffed animals or large items
- Gift Cards
While undergoing treatment, some families face tremendous financial burdens. In addition, they travel to lengthy day-long appointments. Donated gift cards make a big difference!
- Small Increments: $10-$20 for nearby restaurants: Dunkin', Starbucks, Panera, Chipotle, Subway, and Choices Café
- Larger Increments: $25-$50 for gas station gift cards, Stewart's Shops, grocery stores
- Community Service Project Ideas
- Character Bandage Drive: Our patients love fun character bandages. The small spot bandages are great. All must be latex-free.
- Birthday Wrap Collection: We provide birthday gifts to patients and can always use gift bags, tissue paper in bright colors, fun wrapping paper and birthday cards for all ages.
- Please note, we currently have a consistent donor providing chemo bags, so we are not accepting additional bags or care packages at this time.
The Melodies Center also partners with the Hyundai Hope on Wheels program. Learn more about giving back.