Breast Care Services
Whether your needs are preventive, routine, chronic, or unexpected, the Albany Med Health System offers a full range of services, including specialty services. We make it easy for you to receive the care you need. Breast care is provided at all four hospitals in the System.
We guide patients through screening, diagnostic procedures, and treatment of breast disease, as well as through routine preventive care.
If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, new treatments, genetic knowledge, and surgical advances have brought much better outcomes. Along with our partners at New York Oncology Hematology (NYOH), we have access to the latest therapies and clinical trials.
Care Throughout the Capital Region
Albany Medical Center, Glens Falls Hospital, and Saratoga Hospital are accredited by The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers for services in breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, computed tomography, and MRI.
Learn more about breast care services at Columbia Memorial Health. In its Center for Breast Care, patients will find the complete suite of state-of-the-art screening and diagnostic services, including screening and diagnostic 3D mammography, diagnostic ultrasound, ultrasound guided biopsy, and stereotactic breast biopsy.
All locations and physicians in the System can be found in the Get Care section of this page.
- Breast abscess
- Benign breast conditions and tumors
- Breast cancer in women and men
- Breast changes
- Preventive care
- All other breast conditions
- High-risk patients
- 3D digital mammography (digital breast tomosynthesis)
- 3D digital stereotactic breast biopsy
- Breast biopsy with needle localization and surgical excisional biopsy
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Computer Aided Detection (CAD)
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast surgery
- Bone density exam
- Lymph node dissections and biopsies
- Lymphoscintigraphy (sentinel node mapping)
- Lumpectomies and mastectomies (simple, modified, or skin-sparing)
- Hidden scar lumpectomy
- Hidden scar mastectomy
- Nurse navigators
- Preoperative needle localization
- Personalized treatment
We also offer a wide range of breast reconstruction.
In addition to regular screening, we encourage and support healthy lifestyles that can reduce the possibility of developing breast cancer. Women who have an elevated risk may also be offered additional screening tests, genetic testing, medical or surgical interventions to help reduce breast cancer risk.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle is the best way to prevent all sorts of illnesses and diseases, and manage chronic conditions.
- Stay physically active
- Eat a healthy diet
- Do not skip your annual physical
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid all tobacco products
- Get regular cancer screenings
- Watch your weight