Cantina Kids Fun Run Returns to Congress Park June 4
Families will return to Congress Park June 4 for the annual Cantina Kids Fun Run to support children’s health care at Saratoga Hospital.
The Fun Run made its debut in 2008 and has become a family favorite, attracting hundreds of children and parents, rain or shine. Together, they’ve raised over $756,000 to help provide equipment, education and other services that enhance pediatric care at Saratoga Hospital.
The Fun Run was the brainchild of Cantina restaurant owners Jeff and Heath Ames, who teamed up with Saratoga Hospital Foundation to give back in appreciation for the lifesaving care their daughter has received at the hospital. The event brings families and organizations together for a healthy outdoor activity—and a worthy cause. This year’s presenting sponsor is New Country Motor Car Group.
The race starts at 9 a.m. Pre-registration, for $20, continues through May 31. Race-day registration is $25.
- Date, time and place: June 4 at 9 a.m. in Congress Park, near the Carousel.
- Run as a family: Strollers are welcome.
- Pre-registration: Online through May 31 at noon. Pre-registered runners can pick up race packets in advance on June 3, from 9 a.m. to noon in Congress Park, near the Carousel.
- Race-day registration: June 4, 8-8:30 a.m. in Congress Park, near the Carousel.
- Two courses: Quarter mile recommended for kids 7 and under or one mile recommended for kids 8-12.
- Medals: For all runners up to age 12. Trophies to the top three boys and girls on each course. “Healthiest School” award to the school with the highest participation.
For more information, go to the Fun Run website or call 518-583-8663.