Top-Level Pediatric Surgical Care Close to Home
Because we are an academic health system, our pediatric surgeons are highly trained experts in their field, performing the latest techniques in pediatric surgical care. Children are in good hands with us.
At the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital, we have the technology and equipment to perform advanced surgical techniques to treat a wide range of conditions and illnesses.
Our family-centered approach recognizes the important connection between the physician, child, and parents/caregivers. From newborns to adolescents, our team meets the physical and emotional needs of children.
In addition to pediatric general surgery, we have specialty trained surgeons in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic, otolaryngology surgery, plastic surgery, and surgical oncology. Our team has special training and extensive experience in a wide range of procedures from trauma surgery to repairing complex birth defects and numerous elective surgical procedures.
To make an appointment with Albany Medical Center, call 518-262-5831.
Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery
Learn more about pediatric cardiothoracic surgery at the Bernard & Millie Duker Children's Hospital at Albany Medical Center.
We are proud to offer the region's only comprehensive care center for patients of all ages with congenital cardiac diseases. We counsel families from diagnosis through delivery and help manage care through adulthood.
Cleft Craniofacial Surgery
Learn more about the Cleft Craniofacial Center at Albany Medical Center.
- Biliary atresia
- Branchial cysts, sinuses and remnants
- Breast problems
- Cholecystitis, cholelithiasis and biliary dyskinesia
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Cystic hygroma
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Foreign bodies and bezoars
- Gastroesophageal reflux and other disorders of esophageal function
- Gastrotomy tubes
- Hirschsprung's disease
- Imperforate anus
- Inguinal hernia and hydrocele
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Meckel's diverticulum
- Meconium ileus
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Ovarian cysts and ovarian torsion
- Pancreatic cysts
- Pectus carinatum and excavatum
- Perianal and perirectal abscess
- Pilonidal cysts
- Pyloric stenosis
- Rectal prolapse
- Short-bowel syndrome
- Spleen problems
- Testicular torsion
- Thryroglossal duct cysts and sinuses
- Thyroid nodules and cancer
- Tracheoesophageal fistules
- Tumor and cancer surgical management
- Umbilical granuloma/polyp
- Umbilical (belly button) hernia
- Umbilical infection (omphalitis)
- Undescended testes
- Urachal abnormalities
In addition to traditional surgery, our surgeons perform minimally invasive procedures, including the use of the da Vinci robotic surgical system. Minimally invasive procedures enable children to recover faster with fewer complications. Most of the time they can be performed on an outpatient basis so children can get back home.