Specializing in Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
Albany Medical Center's pediatric rheumatology program specializes in autoimmune and inflammatory disorders of joints, muscles and connective tissue.
Our physicians are specially trained in pediatric rheumatology and conduct new consultations for patients from birth to age 17. They also actively participate in clinical research in children with rheumatologic conditions, allowing them to better understand the causes of these disorders and identify the best treatment approaches.
To make an appointment at Albany Medical Center, call 518-262-7337.
Our pediatric specialists in rheumatology and arthritis provide a multidisciplinary team approach to managing rheumatic and autoimmune diseases.
Conditions commonly treated and evaluated by our specialists include:
- Amplified musculoskeletal pain syndrome (AMPS)
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Arthritis, including juvenile idiopathic arthritis, rheumatoid, psoriatic and spondylarthritis and enthesitis
- Auto-inflammatory and periodic fever syndromes
- Auto-immune conditions; abnormal auto-immune and inflammatory laboratory test results
- Fever of unknown origin
- Joint pain
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) and undifferentiated connective tissue disease (UCTD)
- Raynaud's phenomenon
- Chronic care health counseling
- Diagnostic education
- Diagnostic and therapeutic joint injections
- Infusion coordination (apheresis or home care)
- Education for injection treatment
- Medication management
- Mental health assessment (referrals)
- Transition clinic to adult rheumatology
- Treatment coordination and referrals