Advanced Care for Digestive and Liver Disorders
Gastroenterology (GI) is the study of diseases and disorders affecting the digestive system that include the esophagus, stomach, intestines, and colon. Hepatology is the study and management of diseases and disorders affecting the liver, gallbladder, biliary tree, and pancreas. From routine colonoscopies to the complex management of patients with liver disease, you can be confident you will receive the highest quality care.
Care Throughout the Capital Region
This page features information about digestive and liver services at Albany Medical Center. Learn more about gastroenterology services at Columbia Memorial Health, Glens Falls Hospital, and Saratoga Hospital.
All locations in the System can be found in the Get Care section of this page.
Albany Medical Center GI and Liver Care
The Digestive Disease Center is a comprehensive resource for digestive health and diagnosing gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Our team is comprised of renowned specialists in gastroenterology and hepatology. We offer the highest level diagnostic and treatment services in convenient settings.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Digestive disorders
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Gastrointestinal problems in women
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver disease
- Motility disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Anesthesia assisted sedation
- BARRX HALO360 ablation of Barrett’s esophagus
- BRAVO pH Capsule
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- ERCP with SpyGlass
- Esophageal motility with pH testing
- High definition and narrow band imaging equipment
- LINX Reflux Management System
- Pill endoscopy
- Upper endoscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography) for treating disorders of the bile and pancreatic ducts
Learn more about Albany Medical Center's nationally recognized colon and rectal surgery program.