Diagnostic & Therapeutic Services
Care Throughout the Capital Region
At the Albany Med Health System, we have a dedicated team of audiologists and specialists who care for patients of all ages with hearing impairments and balance disorders.
We have hearing centers located at Albany Medical Center and Glens Falls Hospital that offer diagnostic assessments, consultations, and educational services to provide you with comprehensive and professional care. Learn more about hearing services at Saratoga Hospital.
This page features services at Albany Medical Center. To schedule an appointment with Albany Medical Center, call 518-262-4535.
All locations in the System can be found in the Get Care section of this page.
The Communications Disorders Center
The Communication Disorders Center (speech therapy) at Albany Medical Center provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to people of all ages with communication and swallowing disorders. Our speech language pathologists are licensed by the New York State Department of Education and certified by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
Conditions & Treatments:
- Swallowing (including office evaluations and videofluoroscopic swallowing studies)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Social Communication
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT LOUD) and VitalStim.
To schedule an appointment with the Communication Disorders Center, call 518-262-4526.
The Hearing Center
The Hearing Center (audiology) at Albany Medical Center cares for patients of all ages with hearing impairment and balance disorders. Our audiologists are licensed by the New York State Department of Education.
- Diagnostic assessment with behavioral audiological testing, including pure tone audiograms, tympanometry with capacity to use multiple probe tones, and acoustic reflex testing
- Otoacoustic emission (OAE) testing, measuring both distortion product and transient evoked responses
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing for hearing threshold and neurodiagnostic assessments
- Evaluation of the vestibular system using Electronystagmography (ENG) and Videonystagmography (VNG) test protocols
- Hearing aid consultations and evaluations
- Dispensing of hearing aids, earmolds and related supplies, accessories, and services
- Education for patients and families on hearing aid orientation to facilitate effective care and use of hearing aids
- Probe tube measurement to evaluate hearing aid settings and benefit
- Evaluation for cochlear implant
- Rehabilitation following cochlear implant
- Newborn hearing screenings
To schedule an appointment with the Hearing Center, call 518-262-4535.